Black Belt Club/Leadership Program
“A Black Belt is a White Belt that never gave up.”
– Derek Cleveland
What are the benefits of the Black Belt Club/Leadership Program?
Iron Lion Jiu-Jitsu Academy is a Black Belt School and when a student makes a commitment to Black Belt they are past the trial stage. They become part of our Academy with the following privileges:
- Special weekly training sessions such as XMA Weapons Training for Iron Lion Black Belt Club Members only.
- Lowest possible tuition rate through Black Belt with no yearly increases.
- Opportunity to be involved with our Leadership Training Program including how to properly teach the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Opportunity to wear the Blue Gi (uniform) of the Iron Lion Black Belt Club along with special Iron Lion Black Belt Club patches.
What are the requirements for joining the Iron Lion Black Belt Club?
At the Iron Lion Jiu-Jitsu Academy, a student can only enter the Iron Lion Black Belt Club at the recommendation of their instructor. They cannot request acceptance into the club, they have to be recommended with very specific qualifications fulfilled.
Who can qualify for the Iron Lion Black Belt Club?
To qualify a student must have earned their Yellow Belt or above and have their instructors recommendation.
How do I get recommended?
- Have set a goal of earning a Black Belt at the Iron Lion Jiu-Jitsu Academy.
- Have the desire to learn how to teach Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to fellow classmates.
- Have a super attitude in martial arts, at school and at home.
- Demonstrate the qualities of Black Belt Excellence (respect, focus, discipline, attitude etc.) in and out of the Iron Lion Jiu-Jitsu Academy.
- Have a high level of enthusiasm for martial arts in and out of class.
- Consistent ability to be serious in class.
- Consistent team work with training partners (helpful, get along with other students etc.).
- Earn good reports for conduct and attitude from both parents and teachers.
- Do well in school and receive good grades.
- Attend class on a regular basis and have very consistent attendance.
- Can commit to attending the Black Belt Club Class every Friday.
- Have full support of family.
There is no additional charge for your child to be a member of the Lion's Den Black Belt Club, only commitment and hard work.